Pieces Of Me

An insight into my rock and roll world. piece by piece. Photobucket
My name is Nurfarhain Nabila binti Mohd Yasin. Hello there ;)

A DREAM OF A DECEASED LOVER

He came through the incandescent, looking benign and beautiful. His face shines like a bright light, glorious. Like my own version of an angel. Who was he? Why was he here? Thousands of questions attacked my mind like a deadly bullet. Then i saw his face. My body went rigid. His face had always been in my memory, deep in the core of my beating heart. He was my best friend, my lover that had died five years ago. It was like my eyes cozened me. Seing something that is not there. He walked towards me slowly, smiling and touched my cold cheeks. Yes. it was him. How i wanted to believe it so much.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him and we hugged each other tightly. I saw tears streaming down his cheeks and i could feel my own tears streaming down mine. Only god knows how much i had missed him. Only god knows how much i wanted to see him again. After five numb years of losing him, not knowing what had happened, not seing his dead body, as i was studying oversea when he died, this was the first time i dreamt of him. Yet he looks so real, as if he was never gone. I was thankful to god for giving me this opportunity to meet him again even it was only in my dream. He said, he wanted to take me for a little walk, so we did. We talked so much about the memories of us together, the mischieve things that we had gone together and all the things he had missed after he had gone.

He took me to his old house. There, i saw both of us as a small children playing our favourite game, UNO cards in the backyard of his house. Our very own playground. I remembered, he was the first person to talk to me at our kindergarden. It was our first day and i was nervous because i was not used to left alone. I cried under an oak tree at the yard of our kindergarden. He came to meand offered me a tissue without any question. When i was calmed, he looked at me with a smile on his face and said 'hye'. Since then, we became best friend. We were always together like two pieces of puzzle.

Then he pulled my hand again and brought me to a park near a big beautiful lake. It was only a few miles from his old house. The park was our favourite place to go when we needed a peace of mind. There, i saw both of us as teenagers sitting down at the edge of the lake. Down at the lake was the very place that he had come clean about his feelings towards me. He told me, he had loved me since the very moment he saw me. He also told me that im the first women he ever loved and he prayed that i would be the last too. I was perplexed by that truth, but deep inside my heart i just knew that we were made for each other. We were designed to complete each others life. I knew that i loved him too. At that time, all the words unsaid before were finally revealed.

Smiling, he took me to an unknown place. He said that this was the place that he had died. No! I screamed. I didn't want to see this. He said its okay. he asked me to throw away all my fears because i needed to know the truth. Then i saw him walking down the street. I saw two man with guns came up to him and asked him to gave up his wallet and all his belongings. He refused and they fought. He tried to struggled his way out but failed. Then i heard two gun shots and i saw him falling down to the ground.

Before i even had a chance to be suprised or to scream or even to cry, he had brought me back to the place where i had first saw him in this dream. He smiled and said not to worry. He said he had fulfilled his dying wish to tell me what happened the day he died. He also told me that my face was the last picture that came into his mind before his last breath. Now he could go peacefully. I cried silently because i knew this dream would have to end. I understood and i let him go. He kissed my forehead once, then with a smile on his face, calm and sure, he went into the blazing light.

-a short story written originally by me-

0 comments:

Post a Comment