Pieces Of Me

An insight into my rock and roll world. piece by piece. Photobucket
My name is Nurfarhain Nabila binti Mohd Yasin. Hello there ;)

how i see myself in ten years


How do I see myself in ten years? A scary question, a scary thought. No one can actually predict what might happen to us in the future. What we can do though, is plan. Plan, plan and plan. The fact that sometimes people overlook is that things might not happen how they wanted it to be. They put high hopes and expectations on themselves, which is actually a good thing but too much of a good thing might not be good. Like wearing too much accessories to match with a ruffled dress, in a fashion perspective. I am not a planner myself. But then, plan can be replace by a dream. Yes, dream. Dreaming sounds more fun and not a stressful thing to do. I choose to dream than plan. Therefore, I can see myself in ten years in a dream perspective.

In ten years, I will have a career. A stable job that pays me a salary that not only can feed me day by day but also to satisfy my wants and needs. As we all know, money plays a significant role in our life. Without it, we are incapable of doing anything. In the future, the cost of living might make us want to jump off the Penang bridge because obviously it does increases as the time goes by and in ten years time, RM50 might look like 5 cents. That is the ugly truth that we have to accept. Back to me having a career, my career would be something in the scope of media industry. It would be such a waste studying communication and media if I didn’t apply it in my life. No, I would not choose to be in front of the camera, I don’t like the feeling of people staring at me or gaining excessive attention whether it is good or bad. So, in ten years,I will work in a film and drama production company, having myself behind the scene and being a part of the crew that helps to produce good movies and dramas. I will have a good position, not necessarily the highest ranking position, just a position where other staffs would look up to me with respect.

Furthermore, in ten years, I will have my own assets. Having big black cars that most rappers own, a mansion that looks like the White House, a golf court as my backyard is way out of my league. In ten years my assets would be, first, a car. A car that mirrored myself and my personality. Possibly small, cute yet elegant. A car that has a good sound system and a small sized television that will entertain me while driving through the harsh Malaysian roads, and a navigation system that will help me find places. I will also own a house. A double story house will be build on my own land. My house will be soft blue in colour so that when I arrived home from work, peace will surround me instantly the moment me eyes lay upon it. My house will also be surrounded by a garden that has beautiful flowers and plants on it. A small fountain will be build on my garden to make the environment of my house looks calm and peaceful. The interior design of my house will be vintage. My house will not be just another house, it will my home sweet home.

Besides that,  in ten years, I will be married. I will be married to someone that I love. Many people nowadays are scared of marriage because they fear commitments. To me, marriage is a sacred thing that joins two hearts that loves each other to share their lives together and I do believe in marriage. Me and my husband will live together and we will have children of our own. The truth is, I actually dislike childrens. They are loud and an annoying human being. But then, in ten years time, when im married, that might change. Who doesn’t want children in their marriage? Not having children is not possible because to me, children is the pride and glory of each happy family. Besides that, in ten years, I will travel the globe. Travelling will broaden one’s mind. I had always wanted to travel but didn’t have the chance to do so. So in the future, when I have a successful career and my salary is something to be proud of, I will create a special savings just for travelling. When my savings are enough, I will take a vacation from the reality of life and just escape somewhere and just be a traveler. I will roam around a city with a backpack  and eat rare foods and learn the unique cultures of people in other parts of the world.  To me, travel makes a great escape.

How I see myself in ten years is yet to be unfold. It is exciting to think and figure out who we will be, what will we do and what will we have in the future but bear in mind that now is the reality and the future is still unknown. Instead of clinging to the dreams of years ahead, we should really concentrate on working hard to get hold of a good blissful life in the future. As for how I see myself in ten years, for now its still in the big fluffy cloud of dreams of mine, waiting to come true.



an essay for BEL260. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment